CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Statement of Process

As I was working on my humanities exit project, I learned very much about the Civil War. It was a very fun experience because I always thought that the Civil War was very cool to know about, so I decided to use it as my project. Even before I was assigned this project, I was already thinking about this topic. Although I feel like I haven't done much, I do know that I gave out plenty of informative genres that taught you very much. Researching my topic was quite simple, there was one website that I used the most, which is called www.civilwar.com, the url name tells it all. That website told me about the timeline, events, and battles during the war. It was a very useful source.

Making the genres was quite simple to make in my opinion. The only think that was not easy is when I ran out of ideas for my genres. I was forced to look at my friends blogs to see what genres they used. Out of all the genres I made, I liked the poem. I enjoyed it because it has a very good tune to it because exactly at the end it tells you straight forward that you are in the Civil War and how rough it is to fight in it. Something that I improved on after the project was making a proper bibliography. I usually had a very hard time figuring out how to do it and what order to put it in but, not I feel much better about it. Hopefully I improved a lot more than before.

I also wish to thank Ms.Sackstein for putting those benchmarks, without them I probably would have procrastinated and had a hard time in the end. Also a reminder, I will be posting the answers for the poll questions on Friday when the polls have ended.

1 comments:

Ms. Sackstein said...

Great statement of process, Rachel. Glad you worked on a topic that was meaningful and interesting to you. It certainly helps to be motivated by the topic you select. Be careful when rushing through posts though to make sure to proofread.